A little bit about me
Hello, I'm Nisha and I absolutely love what I do and that is: photographing wonderful people and lovely things. I'm a Southampton, Hampshire based wedding, lifestyle & commercial photographer and get buzz from travelling all over the South UK and beyond! (I've recently been to Lake Como, Prague, Naples, Amsterdam, Menorca & Berlin which I'll share on the blog soon.)
I really enjoy photographing weddings, engagements, and all sorts of lifestyle sessions. Meeting people and capturing their expressions on camera is an amazing experience as well as the little details that people treasure… I can certainly say I love my job!
I have been photographing people from all walks of life since I was 13 when I got my first digital camera that could only take up to 50 photos at a time (how times have changed!) I embarked on a fantastic 3 years at Southampton Solent University achieving my BA Photography degree in 2014 where I founded the first student photography magazine, shortlisted for an international photography award as well as exhibiting work in New York & London. I was excited to do my first solo wedding commission at 22 and since then have been honing my craft ever since.
In June 2017, I celebrated my 2 year business anniversary which came hand-in-hand with winning IPSE UK Young Freelancer of the Year Award 2017 for young entrepreneurs. It's a fantastic honour to be recognised nationally especially as a creative. I was also a Semi-Finalist for the Venus Hampshire Awards 2017 for Customer Service. I'm also delighted to say I've gone full-time with my business as of July 2017 which is an exciting time. I've also been shortlisted as the Best UK Wedding Photographer for the UK Wedding Awards 2018 which is something I never expected to receive so early in my business.
All my clients have been wonderful and I really couldn't have a better job. View my Best of 2017 blog post for last year's amazing highlights.
My style is natural, colourful and relaxed and I take this approach to every photo session I have the pleasure of photographing. Fancy having a chat about your wedding, lifestyle session or commercial photography? Or wanted to chat to a fellow photographer/small business owner or if you’re looking for a mentor? Get in touch & we can chat over a tasty beverage.
Let's make something beautiful together! :)
A few things I'm proud of:
- Winning IPSE UK Freelancer of the Year Aspire Award 2017 which recognises the up and coming talent amongst the youngest, most ambitious freelancers. They are 23 and under and are running their own businesses like seasoned professionals. It’s such an honour to be recognised nationally.
- It's amazing to be shortlisted as the UK Best Wedding Photographer in the UK Wedding Awards 2018 amongst amazing photographers across the country, especially so early in my photography business. Honoured to be recognised nationally.
- Celebrating my 2 year business anniversary in June 2017 as well as going full-time freelance with my business a month later.
- My first wedding feature over 6-pages in Dorset, Wiltshire & Hampshire Bride magazine 2018 which is on sale for a whole year which showcases a beautiful May wedding at Rhinefield House Hotel.
- My work has also been featured on My Wedding Fair, Bride magazine online, The Wedding Community Blog, and The English Wedding Blog to name a few.
- Shortlisted as a Semi-Finalist for the Venus Hampshire Awards 2017 for Customer Service. Being recognised amongst talented female business leaders is a fab feeling!
- Have a wonderfully supportive and amazing partner, Rob of 6+ years. I'm super proud of his Royal Navy career and I get all excited going to military balls. :)
- Professional member of the Master Photographers Association, the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers as well as IPSE - The Association of Independent Professionals and Self-Employed
- Being selected as a finalist out of 3,313 image entries for the One Eyeland International Photography Awards in 2015 for my boudoir fine art portrait series 'A Date with Venus'.
- Exhibiting in London, New York and Southampton during my BA Photography degree.
- Founding a social enterprise whilst at Southampton Solent University, Penta Prism magazine as a way to fundraise for the end of year degree show and showcase student work, the first of its kind. Proud to see it's now in its fifth year!
- Being successful in 2 entrepreneurial funding panels for my photography business.
- My overflowing magazine and coffee table book collection - I'll need a library to accommodate them soon!